Thursday, January 13, 2011

"...and quite frankly, the result is just phenomenal."

I am so dead-fucking-serious right now.
Before I get to putting up my 2cents- this product was voted People's Voice by cnet as the Best of CES 2011 Winner.

So, yeah. Whats up?

The Razer "Switchblade", (brainchild of CEO Min-Liang Tan) is a portable handheld device that allows for full-fledged gaming...kind of like a laptop. Which is weird, because Min-Liang starts out the video by stating:
"PC gaming has always been impossible, in a portable form-factor."

The concept is actually amazing, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they're shilling out a beefed-up netbook, with an interface that, from what the video shows, doesn't seem like theres much room for customization. Also, the seriousness of Min-Liang is borderline hilarious.




Again, it looks awesome and really I'm not very much into peripherals, so I could way off base- but honestly I think the tech and the setup is a lot like a laptop...maybe the difference will come in at the price level.


Personally I love the idea that they show off World of Warcraft and Quake Live as examples of people who'll use their device, seems like a safe move, but I don't think any WoW player is going to be "jumping-in" for a quick 10-30 minute session. Feel free to give it a look: http://www2.razerzone.com/switchblade

No comments:

Post a Comment